Oral and skin cancers: early detection and recognition
Speaker: Roger Currie
Date: April 27, 2019
Room: Speaker room 1
To provide an overview for dental professionals of the signs and presentations of oral and skin cancers in order to aid recognition and referral.
- Background, and Epidemiology within NHS Scotland
- Recognition of Oral Cancer and Facial Skin Cancer
- Recognition of high-risk Pre Malignant Oral lesions
- Use of current referral guidelines
- Improved understanding of the Urgent Cancer Suspected Pathway.
This session is intended to create an understanding of the presentations oral and skin cancers to support practitioners to recognise cases in the dental setting which should be referred, and to outline pathways for those referrals.
Development outcomes: A, C & D
Our new booking system includes lecture sessions to allow you to create a personalised Scottish Dental Show timetable, however lecture session entry (speaker rooms 1-4) is on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed.Register today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »