The risks of advertising and social media
Speaker: Helen Kaney
Date: April 26, 2019
Room: Speaker room 3
- To provide an overview of advertising standards and social media and the potential risks of these for the dental team
By the end of this lecture, participants should be able to:
- Explain the standards that apply to advertising professional services
- Understand why the GDCÕs advertising guidance is relevant and the advertising pitfalls that may be unprofessional, leading to a GDC investigation;
- Be aware of legislation relevant to advertising dental services; and
- Effectively manage your professional, and personal online image.
This lecture is intended to assist dentists including practice owners and the dental team in understanding of UK advertising standards and relevant GDC guidance, to enable the dental team to minimise risk to their professional practice and reputation.
Development outcomes: A, B & D
Our new booking system includes lecture sessions to allow you to create a personalised Scottish Dental Show timetable, however lecture session entry (speaker rooms 1-4) is on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed.Register today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »