Digital techniques for the management of snoring and Sleep Apnoea
Speaker: Paul Reaney
Date: April 26, 2019
Room: Speaker room 1
This workshop, in association with Carestream and ResMed will provide guidance on Dental Sleep Medicine in general dental practice and how it
is relevant to the general dental practitioner, Vocational Dental Practitioner, dental hygienist/therapist and dental nurses. There will be an emphasis on digital work flow.
To present the:
- consequences of acute and chronic sleep loss and the effect it has on both dental professionals and our patients
- assessment and management of patients with Sleep Disordered Breathing – snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- appropriate clinical management and provision of Mandibular Advancement Appliances (MAA)
- using digital flow (reference to non-digital techniques will also be demonstrated).
Attendees will also be able to have the opportunity to use the CS3600 digital scanner to record the dentition and the correct mandibular protrusion for a MAA.
Our ResMed laboratory technician will also be present to demonstrate how to minimise clinical errors and how to correctly adjust the ResMed Narval MAA at chair-side.
- Attendees should be able to have an understanding of how to screen a patient for Sleep Disordered
- Breathing, identify patients suitable for provision of a MAA and the importance of appropriate
- manage in conjunction with medical colleagues.
Development outcomes: A, C & DRegister today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »