Team confidence in a medical emergency: communication is key
Speaker: Leona Beecroft, Tamora Shemwood
Date: April 26, 2019
Room: Atrium 2
At the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have an increase insight into the impact of human factors on communication in high stakes situations
- Have a new communication technique to practice that will improve efficiency and team confidence in a medical emergency, introducing Patient pivotal communication.
- Through participation in simulation, appraise how communication can be influenced by human factors.
- Consider the sender-message-channel-receiver (SMCR) model of communication, the use of structured and narrative messages and how we use them in our practice context.
- Consider how high stakes situations impact on established communication techniques
- Learning content overview
- Simulation – Reflection on impact of Human factors on communication
- Powerpoint on Communication the theory – What we do well Power point
- Redesign our communication. Introduce Patient pivotal – Demo
- Give it a go…..revisit scenario-add new info-reflect and compare
Development outcomes: A, B, CRegister today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »